Come by the Information Security table in Krannert on Monday, January 28th for goodies and information about data privacy. The table will be available from 11:00AM until 1:00PM in the Krannert lobby. Hope to see you there!
If you missed the table here are the tips and resources about data privacy that were available.
Tips – follow these to help control your privacy
- Manage your privacy settings on social media platforms
- Remember – once posted, always posted
- Build a positive online reputation
- Don’t over-share
- Protect your devices with anti-virus
- Use strong passwords and multi-factor authentication when available
Resources – take a look at these great explanations
- 10 Ways to Protect Your Privacy on Social Media – https://www.lifehack.org/articles/technology/10-ways-protect-your-privacy-social-media.html
- How To Secure Your Social Media Accounts – https://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/us/security/news/cybercrime-and-digital-threats/best-practices-how-to-secure-your-social-media-accounts
- How To Manage Your Social Media Privacy Settings – https://identity.utexas.edu/everyone/how-to-manage-your-social-media-privacy-settings