In mid-2018, social commerce marketplace Poshmark suffered a data breach that exposed 36M user accounts. Clicking on the link in the previous sentence will take you to an article with more details. The compromised data included email addresses, names, usernames, genders, locations and passwords. There were 198 Berry accounts included in this breach. To find out if you are included, you can go to Have I Been Pwned and enter your email address in the search form there. You can also sign up for breach notifications from Have I Been Pwned by clicking on “Notify Me” at the top of any page on the site.
If you are affected by this breach, take the following steps to control and secure your online data:
- Go to the site and check that your information is correct
- While you are there, CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD!
- If you reused that password anywhere else, go to those sites and change the password.
- Don’t use that password again!
- If the site offers multi-factor authentication (sometimes called two-step authentication), enable it, configure it, and feel a little safer.